“My Child is gifted!” “I think my child has ability.” “I think my child can sense or see spirits.”
Well, you are probably right! Here is the deal, everyone is gifted and everyone has ability, we all just use it in different ways. Families for years have wanted to discuss with me in a hushed voice, or barely a whisper, that their child has seen something different they just quite cannot explain. Or, that their child knows certain things that they could not have been part of, or even sees a spiritual soul, from a young age of about three or four years old. As their child develops in age, their fine-tuned connection to the after-life or cross over appears to be growing with them as well.
Congratulations, you have an Indigo, Crystal or Rainbow child in your home or family. Now, you need to nurture their gift without making it the focus or purpose of being here in this lifetime or corporeal body.
I am very lucky to have the mother I have. She recognized almost immediately that at three-years of age, I was doing E.S.P. (Extra Sensory Perception). Both of my parents allowed and nurtured other forms of my clairvoyance to come out or develop naturally. For example, I was seeing and hearing spirits and knowing interesting aspects and facts about people or places that I had never encountered before. The intuitive nature and gift continued to grow with me and developed more as I grew older and matured.
My parents treated me like a kid, like any other child that was running around playing hide and seek, kick ball and having slumber parties. They still made me stay grounded with the here and now, with the reality of schoolwork, friends, activities and chores. When a child has psychic ability, it is not who they are, it is just a small part of their composition. I have two older brothers that never let me get away with being “special”, so nothing keeps you more grounded than being teased by ones siblings to keep everything in perspective. A good way to relate to this is to remember psychic awareness is ordinary – but with a little extra-ordinary.
I would tell my mother until about the age of five that I was tired here (meaning earth) and I wanted to go home to my other family. I do not remember that, but she would say all the time, “Katie, You are home.” And, I would say again, “No, I just want to go home.” Like many children with ability, they have memory of a past life or families, and then later lose the memory of it. During my adolescent years I would stare off and almost be catatonic when hearing the voices talk or show me things. I know, this sounds a bit crazy, but I have report cards that say I was inattentive in class. Oh, believe me, I was attentive alright, but it was just not to the teachers! I just thought this was how everyone thought and felt. It was not until junior high and high school that I started to realize I was vastly different.
Here are some questions below to ask yourself if you have a child that is displaying psychic awareness.
Is Your Child an Indigo?
To find out, ask yourself these questions:
- Did your child come into the world acting like royalty?
- Does your child have a feeling of deserving to be here?
- Does your child have an obvious sense of self?
- Does your child have difficulty with discipline and authority?
- Does your child refuse to do certain things they are told to do?
- Is waiting in lines torture for your child?
- Is your child frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity?
- Does your child see better ways of doing thing at home and at school?
- Is your child a nonconformist?
- Does your child refuse to respond to guilt trips?
- Does your child get bored rather easily with assigned tasks?
- Does your child display symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder?
- Is your child particularly creative?
- Does your child display intuition?
- Does your child have strong empathy for others?
- Did your child develop abstract thinking very early?
- Is your child very intelligent?
- Is your child very talented (may be identified as gifted)?
- Does your child seem be a daydreamer?
- Does your child have very old, deep, wise looking eyes?
- Does your child have spiritual intelligence?
If you have more than 10 yes answers, he or she probably is an Indigo. If more than 15, almost definitely.
Note: These questions were compiled by Wendy H. Chapman from her own experience with children and information in The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived by Jan Tober and Lee Carroll and her experiences with children. Please see www.metagifted.org for more info.
Indigo, Crystal or Rainbow Children tend to have imaginary friends, live in their own world, are very empathetic and are drawn to animals. They can be viewed as old souls and are very sensitive. Typically they will have vivid dreams or premonitions. They do need calm nurturing environments.
For more in-depth information on the subject, please check out Doreen Virtue at http://www.angeltherapy.com/blog/indigo-crystal-and-rainbow-children.
I hope that this helps you embrace the gifts in yourself and in your child, grandchild or the children around you.